Dr. Rajeev N. Kini
Associate Professor, School of Physics,
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM)
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
Phone: +91- 471-277- 8138 (off.) ; 8165 (lab.)
PhD (Physics), University of Nottingham, UK, 2005
Advisor: Prof. Anthony J Kent
Thesis: Generation and detection of propagating acoustic phonons using GaAs/AlAs superlattices.
Funding: Overseas Research Studentship Award, (2002-05), Universities UK, UK
MSc (Physics), Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India, 2001
BSc (Physics), Mahatma Gandhi University, India, 1999
University Merit Scholarship, (1997-99)
Malayala Manorama Merit Scholarship, (1996) from Malayala Manorama Group of Publications, India.
- Associate Professor: IISER Thiruvananthapuram, India (Jan 2020 - till date)
- Assistant Professor: IISER Thiruvananthapuram, India (June 2010 – Dec 2019 )
- Postdoctoral Researcher, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Colorado, USA (June 2007 – May 2010)
Area of Research: Isoelectronic doping of III-V semiconductors.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Virginia Tech, Virginia, USA (Feb 2006 – June 2007)
Area of Research: Spintronics, Narrow-Gap Semiconductors.
- Invited talk at the Joint Conference of the 16th International Conference on Phonon Scattering in Condensed Matter (Phonons 2018) and the 4th International Conference on Phononics and Thermal Energy Science (PTES 2018) , Nanjing, China (2018)
- Awarded the Kerala State Young Scientist Award (2014) by the Kerala state council for science technology and Environment
- Invited to contribute a book chapter on Bismuth containing materials (2013).
- Invited talk at E-MRS Spring Meeting (May 2012) held in Strasbourg, France
- Invited to give a talk at ITQW07 conference held in Cumbria, UK
- Visiting Scholar: University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada: May 2004 – June 2004 (Funding: Universitas 21 Prize Scholarship, (2004), Graduate School, University of Nottingham, UK.)
- Software Engineer: Infosys Technologies Ltd., Bangalore, India: August 2001 – August 2002
- Summer Research Fellow: Raja Ramana Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore, India: May 2000 – July 2000 (Funding: Summer Research Fellowship, (2000), Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, India.)